OTL 301- post 6 – wrapping things up.

This course was an effective review of the COI framework and an opportunity for me to critically reflect on some of my teaching practices, but also, what I have learned and experienced as good, and bad, teaching/instructional practices in online environments. Based on the fact that I was very familiar with the COI framework and associated research, I did not experience have much shift in my thinking on this material. I think and feel there are some positive aspects, and especially for learners in these courses that may never have been exposed to the COI framework

Similarly, the WordPress platform is something I am familiar with. It can be an effective platform for this type of delivery. I was also able to read and interact with past and current learners. This is also one of the tools that I may consider in future learning opportunities. I have utilized it in the past to post a developed curriculum, as well as support the community engagement that occurred to develop the course.

The more effective learning strategies within this series of courses, for me, were the ones that encouraged and facilitated self-reflection. There are simply not enough courses that facilitate critical self reflection within one’s own professional practice – in this case instructing/teaching/facilitating online.