OTL 301 – post 5

• Did you engage in each of the phases of the critical inquiry process?

I would answer, somewhat, to this question. There are certainly some phases that are more represented than others.

• Were you able to resolve any problems or dilemmas?

I didn’t face much for dilemmas, other than the fact that my research and education pathway has resulted in some skepticism of the research papers and research results within this field.

• What might you do differently in a future course?

There isn’t anything in particular that I can think of in this particular course. The dynamics (personal and within each course) are different. Courses also have different proposed outcomes and needs.

• How might you engage with your students to ensure that they are working through the entire inquiry process?

There are a variety of ways in which students can be engaged. In an online course this can included through the course platform itself – e.g. discussion posts. Then there are options for email, as well as social media. There is also the option for phone calls, or video calls (e.g. Skype). All of these can assist in facilitating students through the entire inquiry process.

• Do you think that working through this course in an open platform like WordPress helps to encourage reflective learning

Somewhat, yes. I would imagine for some learners engaging in this course there may be a large learning curve in navigating WordPress. Fortunately, I had quite a bit of familiarity with the program/platform so did not struggle with it. I did learn through the most recent process, a part of WordPress that I did not know.